Town of Black Wolf History
The Town of Brighton was organized in February, 1847, and included in its limits the present towns of Black Wolf, Nekimi and part of Algoma. In 1850, the name of the Town of Brighton was changed to Nekimi and on November 14, 1850, the County Board set off the Town of Black Wolf. We celebrated the Town’s 160th anniversary on September 26, 2010 with a nice turnout. A booklet was available which included information about Chief Black Wolf (Shounk Tshunksiap)and the early hardy pioneer settlers who moved into the area. Also included in the booklet was information about Perryville, EWECO Park (The Coney Island of Oshkosh), early residents, schools, cheese factories, and the old Town Hall. A 20-minute CD of pictures was shown, and the Van Dyne Fire Department had their equipment on display.