The Town of Black Wolf has a population of 2,444 and is located in the South-Eastern corner of Winnebago County in East-Central Wisconsin. The Town’s eastern border is regulated by Lake Winnebago and its shoreline. The remainder of the Town is either rural, farmland or single family residences scattered throughout with an occasional sub-division.
The Town’s Northern border and mailing location is the city of Oshkosh. Schools are comprised of either the Oshkosh Area Public School District or other options include Lourdes Academy, Valley Christian, and Grace Lutheran/Winnebago Lutheran Academy.
The Town has become home due to the many opportunities that is provides to meet some very conscientious and hospitable people. Because of our location being in-between the mid-size cities of Oshkosh and Fond du Lac, the residence of the Town have convenient access to opportunities and events of interest offered in both communities. From those points of interest, a person can venture North to Green Bay or South to Milwaukee or Madison.
The Town of Black Wolf is a place to enjoy country living or lake side views and activities, however each person leans. Please take a moment to review our Historical photos and current events.
We wish to thank you for visiting our website!
Town of Black Wolf History
The Town of Brighton was organized in February, 1847, and included in its limits the present towns of Black Wolf, Nekimi and part of Algoma. In 1850, the name of the Town of Brighton was changed to Nekimi and on November 14, 1850, the County Board set off the Town of Black Wolf. We celebrated the Town’s 160th anniversary on September 26, 2010 with a nice turnout. A booklet was available which included information about Chief Black Wolf (Shounk Tshunksiap)and the early hardy pioneer settlers who moved into the area. Also included in the booklet was information about Perryville, EWECO Park (The Coney Island of Oshkosh), early residents, schools, cheese factories, and the old Town Hall. A 20-minute CD of pictures was shown, and the Van Dyne Fire Department had their equipment on display.