You asked and we listened!
The ELECTRONICS RECYCLING EVENT is back in Black Wolf
April 15th from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. !!!!!
Please click on this link for details! Black Wolf – 2023 Spring – Recycling Event Flyer
The Town will not be collecting hazardous waste (oils etc) at this event as we have in the past so we ask you to please visit one of two collections taking place the following week: !2023 Clean Sweep Brochure
A Notice to Customers along the Town of Black Wolf/Nekimi town line:
Specific customers were notified by GFL via mailer of a change to their service beginning 1/3/2023. The affected households will have their trash and recycling picked up on Wednesday mornings moving forward. The remainder of the town and those who did NOT receive the mailing will remain on the Thursday schedule.
If you are unsure if your address is affected, please check the following list which includes all addresses moved to Wednesday pick-up for the Town: Addresses-Moving-to-Wednesday-Pick-up-in-2023
- GFL BLACK WOLF Calendar FLYER 2023 PRINT R2
- Please have carts out for collection no later than 6:00a.m. either Wednesday or Thursday morning, depending on your scheduled day for pick-up.
- We ask that you contact GFL directly at (920) 387-0987 if you experience a problem with your pick-up.
- Garbage Cans are available for purchase at the Town Hall. Please contact 920-688-1404 to set up a time.
- 48 gallon cans are $65 each
- 64 gallon cans are $85 each
- 96 gallon cans are $94 each
- Replacement lids are $20 each
The Winnebago County Solid Waste Management Department has added many newly acceptable materials for recycling. Please visit their website by clicking on the link below to learn more and become active participant in the recycling efforts of the Town:
Find out if its recyclable at http://www.RecycleMoreTriCounty.org/Waste-Wizard
You can also print the Tri-fold Waste Recycling Guide below:
Stop by the office and pick-up your free “Is that recyclable?” scan code magnet today!!
Other Helpful Links:
- 2023 Household Hazardous Waste Facility Schedule
- Quick Recycling Guidelines:
- Plastic bags should not be used at any time with the single stream recycling program. Plastic bags wrap around the processing equipment. These include the bags you receive from retail grocery and other stores.
- All such plastic bags should be recycled at participating retail locations (visit www.WinnebagoCountySolidWaste.com) for additional information.
- Do not bundle or tie paper.
- Empty and rinse all bottles and containers. Remove and discard all plastic screw caps.
- No need to remove labels from rinsed and empty food cans.
- Empty and rinse all bottles and jars. Metal jar caps and lids are also recyclable.
Examples of what is NOT recyclable:
- Shredded paper (jams equipment)
- Plastic bags, wrap or film
- Motor oil bottles
- Aluminum pans or foil
- Empty paint cans (latex paint can be disposed of with your regular trash when the paint is dry)
- Large/bulky scrap metal item
(Please take all of waste materials that cannot otherwise be collected by GFL to either the Solid Waste Sunny view Transfer Station located at 100 W. County Road Y or the Winnebago Household Hazardous Material Collection Facility located cross the road from the Transfer Station at 105 W. County Road Y, Oshkosh. The cost for recycling appliances, car tires, tractor tires, used oil, televisions and more can be found on the Winnebago County Solid Waste & Recycling website http://www.WinnebagoCountySolidWaste.com If you are unsure of where to bring your items, please call the Winnebago County Solid Waste Department at (920) 232-1800.)
Winnebago County – Upcoming Events:
- 2023 Clean Sweep Details:
- !2023 Clean Sweep Brochure
- Monday, April 24th, 2023
- City of Omro (Stearns Park, W Huron St, Omro 54963) – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- City of Neenah Public Works (1495 Tullar Rd, Neenah 54956) – 3:00 – 6:00 pm
- Event links https://bit.ly/3SGt4Lr or www.WinnebagoCountyCleanSweep.com
- ADDITIONAL INFO
- The Winnebago County Clean Sweep program is an event offered annually at rotating satellite collection sites to offer convenient disposal of household hazardous wastes. These events are open to ANY resident from ANY Winnebago County municipality – you do not have to live in Omro or Neenah to attend either of those events but you MUST be in-County. The program will still be entirely free to residents in 2023. Appointments WILL be required, so please visit the clean sweep web page to get information needed to register. Mark your calendar as registration will open sometime in March.