The 2023 tax bills will be mailed on or around December 15, 2023. We will provide updates on this timeline as information becomes available.
Tax bills are also viewable and printable when completed by the County, generally around December 13th. The tax bills are accessible via the Winnebago County website/Tax Records link below. Receipts are viewable and printable upon processing of payment.
Town of Black Wolf Tax Collection for 2023
- Bank First (preferred method of payment)
- In person payments or drive thru
- Bank First location: 1159 N. Koeller Street, Oshkosh (intersection of Hwy 41 and Hwy 21)
- Payments can be made during bank operating hours of Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- One check may be used for making multiple payments.
- DOG LICENSES ARE NOT ISSUED AT THIS LOCATION (TOWN HALL ONLY).
- Drop Box:
- Conveniently located to the left of the entrance door at town hall.
- Secure and available 24/7.
- Please mail your payment along with tax payment stub to the Town Hall.
- If paying taxes in 2023 for income tax purposes, the postmark must be on or before Dec. 31, 2023, or put in the 24-hour access drop box at the town hall before midnight (12/31/2023).
- All other first installments paid by mail must have a postmark of January 31, 2024 or put in the 24-hour access DROP BOX at the Town Hall before midnight (1/31/24).
How to obtain a receipt for your payment:
- Friendly Reminders:
- Please review your tax bill for the Lottery Credit (primary residents only).
- If you are a new resident, you will need to apply for the lottery credit.
- Lottery Credit forms are available on-line or at the Clerks office.
- The Black Wolf Treasurer cannot collect any taxes after January 31, 2024. If you do not pay by this date, you will need to make your payment directly to the Winnebago County Treasurer.
Statutory Due Dates
- Payment in Full: You must pay your taxes in full to the Town of Black Wolf Treasurer by January 31, 2024 OR
- If you elect the installment method, your first installment must be paid to the Town of Black Wolf on or before January 31, 2024.
- Your second installment must be paid to Winnebago County on or before July 31, 2024. See your tax bill for details. The Town of Black Wolf Treasurer cannot collected any taxes after
- January 31, 2024.
- Tax Questions? Please contact the Town Hall at (920) 688-1404.
- Dog License Information: Effective Nov. 1, 2011 the Town of Black Wolf Ordinance allows three (3) dogs per residence in all zoning districts.
- Dog Vaccinations: Pursuant to Section 174.052, WI Stats, all dogs 5 months or older must have a dog license and proof of vaccination against rabies. State law requires vaccination against rabies by a veterinarian within 30 days after the dog reaches 5 months of age, and re-vaccinated within 1 year. Older vaccinated dogs must be re-vaccinated when the certificate expires or within 3 years of the previous vaccination. Please make sure your dog has a rabies vaccination that is up-to-date prior to mailing or bringing in your payment.
- Licenses cannot be processed without proof of current rabies vaccination (only if expired rabies information on file is expired or a new pet being licensed).
- Fees: Fees: $5 altered $10 non-altered
- Dog license fees may be included with your tax payments on one check.
- If requesting a dog-license for 2024, please provide a self-addressed and stamped envelope
- Dog License Application Form 2024