Tax Collection & Inquiry
Property Tax Records and Town Assessor Information
The 2018 tax bills will be available in Mid- December on the Winnebago County website (link below) and will be mailed after 12/15/2018.
Please review the 2018 Tax Bill Collection Letter and Instructions
- From the Municipality drop down box, enter “Town of Black Wolf”
- Enter your street number only and click “Find Now”. If you do not have a street number, either enter your last name only or the last 4 digits of the parcel number.
- When your parcel information appears listed, click on the red parcel number link.
- In the middle of the next page under “SELECT DETAIL” select “TAXES” from the drop down menu.
- This is where you will find your current and historical tax information.
- Click on the year to view or print a PDF of your tax bill.
- Please note: If 2018 does not appear, the taxes are not yet loaded by the County.
This information is available to you 24/7 from the comfort of your own home! Please click on the link below to access. If you experience difficulty, please contact the Town Hall.
The Assessor for the Town of Black Wolf (effective 12/1/2003) is John Bodouski of Bowmar Appraisal, Inc. If you have questions about an assessment, contact the Assessor directly at (920) 733-5369.
2017 Open Book – Bowmar Appraisal will be holding the 2017 Open Book in approximately May or June. The exact date and time will be posted at all posting locations and website.
Collection for 2018 Tax Year – Black Wolf
(Any outstanding payments for 2017 must be made payable to The Winnebago County Treasurer and mailed or dropped off at their office)
Winnebago County Treasurer, County Administration Building, 112 Otter Avenue, P.O. Box 2806, Oshkosh WI 54903-2806. Their hours are Monday – Friday 8:00a.m. – 4:30p.m.
- We are now licensing dogs on a walk-in basis during normal business hours and receipts with tags will be immediately provided. Please bring your rabies vaccination record(s) with you.
- One check may be made out for all payments, including dog licenses and multiple parcels.
- Make sure you check your tax bill to see if you receive a Lottery Credit. If you are a new resident, you will need to apply for the lottery credit.
- If paying taxes in 2018 for income tax purposes, the postmark must be on or before Dec. 31, 2018, or put in the 24-hour access DROP BOX at the Town Hall before midnight (12/31/2018).
- All other first installments paid by mail must have a postmark of January 31, 2019, or put in the 24-hour access DROP BOX at the Town Hall before midnight.
- The Black Wolf Treasurer cannot collect any taxes after January 31, 2019. If you do not pay by this date, you will need to make your payment directly to the Winnebago County Treasurer.
Payment by Mail:
Please make checks payable to Town of Black Wolf and mail to:
- Town of Black Wolf
- Attn: Collections
- 380 E. Black Wolf Ave.
- Oshkosh, WI 54902
*If you wish to have a receipt mailed to you, please include a self-addressed stamped business envelope for return receipt. Please send an appropriately sized envelope when requesting multiple receipts.
Payment Using Drop Box:
There is a drop box at the entrance to the Town Hall. This provides a convenient way to drop off your payment. Payments dropped off prior to midnight will be considered in for that day. Please include a self-addressed and stamped envelope if requesting a receipt.
Treasurer & Deputy Treasurer Office Hours:
The Deputy Treasurer will be in the office on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and available to collect your tax payments between the hours of 12:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Statutory Due Dates
- Payment in Full: You must pay your taxes in full to the Town of Black Wolf Treasurer by January 31, 2019.
Installment Method: If you elect the installment method, your first installment must be paid to the Town of Black Wolf on or before January 31, 2019.
- Your second installment must be paid to Winnebago County on or before July 31, 2019. See your tax bill for details. The Town of Black Wolf Treasurer cannot collected any taxes after January 31, 2019. Payments made to the Town after that date will be returned.
- Tax Questions? Call the Town Hall Office, (920) 688-1404.
- Dog License Information: Effective Nov. 1, 2011 the Town of Black Wolf Ordinance allows three (3) dogs per residence in all zoning districts.
- Dog Vaccinations: Pursuant to Section 174.052, WI Stats, all dogs 5 months or older must have a dog license and proof of vaccination against rabies. State law requires vaccination against rabies by a veterinarian within 30 days after the dog reaches 5 months of age, and re-vaccinated within 1 year. Older vaccinated dogs must be re-vaccinated when the certificate expires or within 3 years of the previous vaccination. Please make sure your dog has a rabies vaccination that is up-to-date prior to mailing or bringing in your payment.
- Licenses cannot be processed without proof of current rabies vaccination along with a self-addressed, stamped business/large size envelope.
- Fees: Neutered Male/Spayed Female $5.00 | Un-neutered or Un-spayed $10.00
- Dog license fees may be included with your tax payments on one check.