The 2021 tax bills were mailed to all households on December 13, 2021. Tax bills are also viewable and printable on-line by following the link below.
Address to view or pay (Payment only available after January 31, 2022 on County portal) Property Tax Bill – https://ascent.co.winnebago.wi.us/LandRecords
Property tax information is available conveniently from the comfort of your home. Please click on the link above to access your tax bill. If you experience difficulty, please the Town Hall at (920) 688-1404.
The Assessor for the Town of Black Wolf (effective 12/1/2003) is John Bodouski of Bowmar Appraisal, Inc. If you have questions about an assessment, contact the Assessor directly at (920) 733-5369.
Collection for 2021 Tax Year – Black Wolf
Any outstanding payments for 2020 must be made payable to The Winnebago County Treasurer and mailed or paid in person at the County Treasurer’s office.
Winnebago County Treasurer, County Administration Building, 112 Otter Avenue, P.O. Box 2806, Oshkosh WI 54903-2806 or
in person at the County office during operating hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tax payments can be paid in person at the Town Hall only on Monday, December 20, 2021 and Thursday, January 20, 2022 between the hours of 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Bank First – Payments can be made in person at Bank First DRIVE THRU SERVICES, located at 1159 North Koeller Street in Oshkosh during operating hours of Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. One check may be used for making multiple payments. Dog license payments ARE NOT processed at the bank.
- Make sure you check your tax bill to see if you receive a Lottery Credit. If you are a new resident, you will need to apply for the lottery credit.
- The Lottery Credit forms are available on-line.
- If paying taxes in 2021 for income tax purposes, the postmark must be on or before Dec. 31, 2021, or put in the 24-hour access DROP BOX at the Town Hall before midnight (12/31/2021).
- All other first installments paid by mail must have a postmark of January 31, 2022, or put in the 24-hour access DROP BOX at the Town Hall before midnight (1/31/22).
- The Black Wolf Treasurer cannot collect any taxes after January 31, 2022. If you do not pay by this date, you will need to make your payment directly to the Winnebago County Treasurer.
Payment at Bank First:
- Bank First located at 1159 North Koeller Street in Oshkosh is available by drive thru to accept property tax payments as noted above. This is a drive thru service and dog licenses are not issued at the bank.
Payment by Mail:
Please make checks payable to Town of Black Wolf and mail to:
- Town of Black Wolf Collections
- 380 E. Black Wolf Ave.
- Oshkosh, WI 54902
Payment Using Drop Box:
A secure drop box is located to the left of the entrance door at the Town Hall. This provides a convenient way to drop off your payment safely and securely. Payments dropped off prior to midnight will be accepted for the same business day. Please include a self-addressed and stamped envelope if requesting a receipt.
Statutory Due Dates
- Payment in Full: You must pay your taxes in full to the Town of Black Wolf Treasurer by January 31, 2022.
Installment Method: If you elect the installment method, your first installment must be paid to the Town of Black Wolf on or before January 31, 2022.
- Your second installment must be paid to Winnebago County on or before July 31, 2022. See your tax bill for details. The Town of Black Wolf Treasurer cannot collected any taxes after January 31, 2022. Payments made to the Town after that date will be returned.
- Tax Questions? Please contact the Town Hall at (920) 688-1404.
- Dog License Information: Effective Nov. 1, 2011 the Town of Black Wolf Ordinance allows three (3) dogs per residence in all zoning districts.
- Dog Vaccinations: Pursuant to Section 174.052, WI Stats, all dogs 5 months or older must have a dog license and proof of vaccination against rabies. State law requires vaccination against rabies by a veterinarian within 30 days after the dog reaches 5 months of age, and re-vaccinated within 1 year. Older vaccinated dogs must be re-vaccinated when the certificate expires or within 3 years of the previous vaccination. Please make sure your dog has a rabies vaccination that is up-to-date prior to mailing or bringing in your payment.
- Licenses cannot be processed without proof of current rabies vaccination (only if expired or new pet being licensed).
- Fees: Fees: $5 altered $10 non-altered
- Dog license fees may be included with your tax payments on one check.