2020 Property Tax Collection and Town Assessor Information
The 2020 tax bills will be available the week of December 13, 2020 and mailed after December 15, 2020.
You are now able to pay your tax bill online. Please view the steps on how to pay online.
Address to view or pay Property Tax Bill – https://ascent.co.winnebago.wi.us/LandRecords
Property tax information is available conveniently from the comfort of your home. Please click on the link above to access your tax bill. If you experience difficulty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Assessor for the Town of Black Wolf (effective 12/1/2003) is John Bodouski of Bowmar Appraisal, Inc. If you have questions about an assessment, contact the Assessor directly at (920) 733-5369.
Collection for 2020 Tax Year – Black Wolf
Any outstanding payments for 2019 must be made payable to The Winnebago County Treasurer and mailed or paid in person at the County Treasurer’s office.
Winnebago County Treasurer, County Administration Building, 112 Otter Avenue, P.O. Box 2806, Oshkosh WI 54903-2806 or
in person at the County office during operating hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tax payments can be paid in person at the Town Hall only on Monday, December 21, 2020 and Thursday, January 21, 2021 between the hours of 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Online payments are available 24/7, processed immediately upon submission of confirmed payment, with an instant receipt provided. Click PAY TAX BILL to pay your property taxes. Payments can be made by check or credit card. E-check is 25 cents. Credit Card fee is 2.2% of your property tax bill. All credit cards accepted.
- Bank First located at 1159 North Koeller Street in Oshkosh is available by drive thru to accept property tax payments only between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday, and until 5:30 p.m. on Friday.
- When requesting a dog license. Please bring your rabies vaccination record(s) with you.
- One check may be made out for all payments, including dog licenses and multiple parcels.
- Make sure you check your tax bill to see if you receive a Lottery Credit. If you are a new resident, you will need to apply for the lottery credit. Click for Lottery Credit Form 2020
- The Lottery Credit form for 2021 is available. Click for 2021 Lottery Credit Form
- If paying taxes in 2020 for income tax purposes, the postmark must be on or before Dec. 31, 2020, or put in the 24-hour access DROP BOX at the Town Hall before midnight (12/31/2020).
- All other first installments paid by mail must have a postmark of January 31, 2021, or put in the 24-hour access DROP BOX at the Town Hall before midnight (1/31/21).
- The Black Wolf Treasurer cannot collect any taxes after January 31, 2021. If you do not pay by this date, you will need to make your payment directly to the Winnebago County Treasurer.
Online payments are available 24/7, processed immediately upon submission of confirmed payment, with an instant receipt provided. Click PAY TAX BILL ONLINE after reviewing the instructional steps, to securely pay your property taxes. Payments can be made by check or credit card. E-check is 25 cents. Credit Card fee is 2.2% of your property tax bill. All credit cards accepted.
Payment at Bank First:
- Bank First located at 1159 North Koeller Street in Oshkosh is available by drive thru to accept property tax payments between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday, and until 5:30 p.m. on Friday. Dog license payments cannot be paid at Bank First.
Payment by Mail:
Please make checks payable to Town of Black Wolf and mail to:
- Town of Black Wolf Collections
- 380 E. Black Wolf Ave.
- Oshkosh, WI 54902
*If you wish to have a receipt mailed to you, please include a self-addressed stamped business envelope for return receipt. Please send an appropriately sized envelope when requesting multiple receipts.
Payment Using Drop Box:
A secure drop box is located to the left of the entrance door at the Town Hall. This provides a convenient way to drop off your payment safely and securely. Payments dropped off prior to midnight will be accepted for the same business day. Please include a self-addressed and stamped envelope if requesting a receipt.
In Person Collection Hours:
Monday, December 21, 2020 from 4: 00 p.m. – 7: 00 p.m. and Thursday, January 21, 2021 from 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Statutory Due Dates
- Payment in Full: You must pay your taxes in full to the Town of Black Wolf Treasurer by January 31, 2021.
Installment Method: If you elect the installment method, your first installment must be paid to the Town of Black Wolf on or before January 31, 2021.
- Your second installment must be paid to Winnebago County on or before July 31, 2021. See your tax bill for details. The Town of Black Wolf Treasurer cannot collected any taxes after January 31, 2021. Payments made to the Town after that date will be returned.
- Tax Questions? email: email@example.com– response time will be within the same business day.
- Dog License Delivery: Now offering delivery to your front door. Please contact Leo Lefeber, at 920-410- 2400, to have your dog license delivered. Payments can be made in cash or check.
- Dog License Information: Effective Nov. 1, 2011 the Town of Black Wolf Ordinance allows three (3) dogs per residence in all zoning districts.
- Dog Vaccinations: Pursuant to Section 174.052, WI Stats, all dogs 5 months or older must have a dog license and proof of vaccination against rabies. State law requires vaccination against rabies by a veterinarian within 30 days after the dog reaches 5 months of age, and re-vaccinated within 1 year. Older vaccinated dogs must be re-vaccinated when the certificate expires or within 3 years of the previous vaccination. Please make sure your dog has a rabies vaccination that is up-to-date prior to mailing or bringing in your payment.
- Licenses cannot be processed without proof of current rabies vaccination along with a self-addressed, stamped business/large size envelope.
- Fees: Fees: $5 altered $10 non-altered
- Dog license fees may be included with your tax payments on one check.