A new site is under construction with an expected completion date of 05/31/2019. For immediate assistance, please contact office at 920.688.1404

Garbage & Recycling

 Winnebago County residents, farmers, and qualifying businesses will once again have the opportunity to dispose of unwanted pesticides and chemicals at Clean Sweep. The event is free of charge (some restrictions apply for businesses). All participants must PRE-REGISTER. Agriculture & Household Hazardous Material Clean Sweep 2018

 The Town of Black Wolf’s trash and recycling is serviced by Advanced Disposal out of Omro WI. We ask that you contact them directly if you experience a problem with your pick-up(s). Their phone number is 1-920-685-6666, option 4. If you would like to request additional garbage and/or recycling containers, you must contact Advanced Disposal directly at the number provided and they will provide the additional container(s). The cost of pick-up for each additional container will vary depending of type: $13.25 for trash and $5.15 for recycling which is billed directly to the homeowner on a monthly basis.  

2019 Trash and Recycling Calendar for the Town is available by clicking on the link or stopping by the office for a hard copy.

We ask that residents take all of their waste materials that cannot otherwise be collected by Advanced Disposal to either the Solid Waste Sunny view Transfer Station located at 100 W. County Road Y or the Winnebago Household Hazardous Material Collection Facility located cross the road from the Transfer Station at 105 W. County Road Y, Oshkosh.  The cost for recycling appliances, car tires, tractor tires, used oil, televisions and more can be found on the  2018 Sunnyview Transfer Station Standard Tipping Fee Rate Schedule. If you are unsure of where to bring your items, please call the Winnebago County Solid Waste Department at (920) 232-1850.

Other Helpful Links:

Winnebago County Solid Waste Rules

Holiday Hours for 2018 – 2019 Winnebago County Solid Waste

Residential & K-12 Electronic & Bulb Recycling

  • Bulb, Computer, and Electronics Recycling – Do you have an old fluorescent bulb, computer, printer, TV or other electronic item?
    • Winnebago County accepts these items at the Landfill Convenience Drop-off Area, located behind the Landfill Scale Office, 100 W. County Road Y, Oshkosh.  Hours of Operation are 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – Noon, Saturday.  Special Holiday Hours may be in effect.  Check the schedule at the main landfill page for more information.
      • Fees:
        • $15.00 for TVs less than 32″ (measured diagonally)
        • $20.00 for TVs 32″ or greater (measured diagonally)
        • $5.00 for a monitor, laptop, CPU, printer, photocopier, VCR, DVD player
        • $0.25 each for fluorescent (4 feet or less) or incandescent bulbs (limit 50 bulbs)
        • $0.50 each for fluorescent (greater than 4 feet), metal halide, sodium vapor, etc. (limit 50 bulbs)
        • $0.00 for keyboards, mice, speakers, cords, cell phones
        • Note: Limit 4 electronic items per person. Residential and K-12 customers only.

Have you ever wondered how recycling works? Please click on the link below for a very informative short video on the process! It’s up to each one of us to do our part with recycling and be familiar with what is acceptable and what is not. This video will help to explain and answer your questions.


For additional information on recycling the right way, please explore Advanced Disposal’s Recycle Right resource page and learn what you can and cannot recycle and review common recycling myths. Click on the link below for easy access to their site:

AdvancedDisposal.com/RecycleRight today!


e cycle illegally dumped electronics

E-CYCLE WISCONSIN – Please click on the link below to obtain valuable information about the E-Cycle program in Wisconsin and how you can help and where to bring your electronics!


Fluorescent Bulb, Ballast, Computers and Electronics Recycling Day! The annual event will be posted as soon as a date is set! Please see below for information on immediate disposal. For more information on the disposal of fluorescent light bulbs and other items, please contact Winnebago County Solid Waste/Clean Sweep at (920) 232-1850.

Despite collecting bulbs, computers and electronics on an on-going basis, Winnebago County still partners with the Oshkosh Chamber to hold these events, where the limit of four computers/television per person does not apply and business material is accepted. Fluorescent bulbs and other types of bulbs, PCB and non-PCB ballasts, computers, monitors, televisions, cell phones and other electronics will be accepted for recycling. We will update the website with the 2017 date(s) when they become available.



The Winnebago County Solid Waste Management Department has added many newly acceptable materials for recycling. Please click on the links below for a brochure and flyer on what is now acceptable for 2017 and years to come!


Quick Recycling Guidelines:

  • Plastic bags should not be used at any time with the single stream recycling program. Plastic bags wrap around the processing equipment. These include the bags you receive from retail grocery and other stores.
  • All such plastic bags should be recycled at participating retail locations (visit www.WinnebagoCountySolidWaste.com) for additional information.
  • Do not bundle or tie paper.
  • Empty and rinse all bottles and containers. Remove and discard all plastic screw caps.
  • No need to remove labels from rinsed and empty food cans.
  • Empty and rinse all bottles and jars. Metal jar caps and lids are also recyclable.

 Examples of what is NOT recyclable:

  • Plastic bags, wrap or film
  • Motor oil bottles
  • Styrofoam
  • Aluminum pans or foil
  • Empty paint cans (latex paint can be disposed of with your regular trash when the paint is dry)
  • Large/bulky scrap metal items
  • Paper contaminated with food or grease
  • Tissue paper
  • Gift Wrap
  • Window glass
  • Ceramic, china or drinking glasses

Some examples of newly accepted items:

  • Cartons
    • Milk
    • Soy milk
    • Juice
    • Cream
    • Egg substitute containers
    • Broth
    • Wine
  • Produce, Bakery & Deli Containers
    • Berry
    • Donut
    • Potato salad or other types
    • Dips
    • Any containers  from produce, bakery or deli
  • Dairy Containers
    • Yogurt
    • Margarine
    • Cottage cheese
    • Sour cream

Please see a list of FAQ’s pertaining to Trash and Recycling in the Town:

(Q) Where do I get a new trash or recycle receptacle and what is the cost?

(A) New trash and recycling containers are available at the Town Hall and cost $70 each.

(Q) Who do I call if my trash was not picked up on a regular pick-up day?

(A) We ask that you check the 2018 Trash and Recycling Calendar first to ensure it wasn’t a Holiday delay or other event. If not, please call Advanced Disposal directly at (800) 688-4285.

(Q) Does the town pick-up yard debris?

(A) No.  Residents can bring their yard debris to the Winnebago County Land Fill located off of Jackson Street. All material must be covered with tarp when entering their facility. If you decide to burn your yard debris in a controlled environment, we ask that you please contact the Van Dyne Fire Department (920) 688-2293 and advise them of the location of your burn. In addition to the Van Dyne Fire Department, please also contact the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department non-emergency line at (920) 236-7300. If you decide to burn, please be courteous to your neighbors!

(Q) What day is the trash picked up in the Town?

(A) The normal pick-up day for both trash and recyclables is Wednesday. Please put your carts out early and have them at least 3 feet apart to allow for the truck arms to pick up the containers. Please refer to the 2018 Trash and Recycling Calendar for information.  Please use etiquette on the day of pick-up and return your carts to the residence within a reasonable timeframe. We ask that the carts not be left at the end of the driveway beyond the day of pick-up if possible. Doing so will not only eliminate the possibility of your carts being damaged but it will also avoid the expense of replacing your carts ($70 each).

(Q) What do I do if I have light bulbs, waste oil, anti-freeze, electronics or items like that I needs to dispose of?

(A) If you are uncertain about what to do with a specific item, please review the 2018 Trash and Recycling Calendar as numerous items including those mentioned should be brought to the Winnebago County Household Hazardous Material Collection Facility at 105 W. County Road Y, Oshkosh WI or simply call them at (920) 232-1850 with any questions you may have.

(Q) Who do I call if I see trash dumped on the side of the road in our Town?

(A) Please contact the Town office at (920) 688-1404 and report the location of the garbage/trash. Unfortunately, our clean town and others near us are the targets for non-residents to “DUMP” their trash such as tires. We ask that if you see someone dumping trash in the town, do not put yourself at risk but report what you do see as soon as possible to the town or the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department (920) 236-7300.